Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Originally Posted by kroo88
WGAF?
WGAF?Certainly not Campfire members! I mean none of them are male, over 50, over weight, diabetic, A-fib, smokers or have asthma.Yes, none of those people should GAF....
I am 67 and probably weigh 15 lbs. more than I should, have a leaking aortic, and was successfully treated for A-fib 5 years ago (cardiac ablation). The way I look at it is I'm expendable if the alternative is to burn down the U.S. economic structure to a point it cripples the next generations. I have 3 adult children and 3 grandchildren to think about. I could say I've payed my way and deserve to hang around for 20 more years to hell with the cost. I've worked since I was 14 or 15 at some pretty tough occupations. My health is actually not bad as I can still spend 10 hours on a tractor, run a chain saw, or rope a cow and pull a mispresented calf. But I know I'm on the downhill and truthfully getting killed so to speak in the saddle is far preferable to 5 years in a nursing home. I would love to be around to continue to travel and keep my oldest grand daughter with me as much as her parents allow but I am not willing to grind the economy to a halt and throw trillions of debt on the country to save a few old folks like me.

How about to save the lives of many of our care providers? How about to keep insurance funds from going bankrupt paying for life support for some millions of Covid patients in the US? How about to keep our hospitals out of bankruptcy courts after they expend funds and materials in an attempt to save patients?

Some trillions lost to the economy is not a trivial thing. But neither are the matters mentioned. It is not just the death count to consider.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.