Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm not trusting a word the Chinese put out about their issues.

The other factor why it may not have spread quite as badly as it might have, their society ain't the US. Odds are good the Chinese gooberment shut and locked doors on people way sooner than would be socially, and legally, acceptable here.

Just don't catch this stuff yourself, and maybe take what the Omaha news has to say with a big grain of salt.

Stay safe,

Geno

I don't trust the Chinese either, but if COVID-19 actually has a 2 week incubation period where the infected person doesn't show any symptoms, you would think that a densely packed city like Wuhan would have blown up and that infected people would have traveled throughout China and on to the rest of the World. COVID-19 is a pulmonary disease and since China has a very high rate and number of smokers and serious air pollution, low air quality, so you would think that those factors would make the Chinese more vulnerable than they seem to be.

I don't think that there is enough comprehensive data for anyone to make accurate projections of the final outcome. Too many variables that aren't understood well enough to prioritize.

For example, what has made the virus spread so rapidly through Italy and Spain? Why not the same rapid spread throughout the rest of Europe?

Why aren't all of the 10 most populated countries;.Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Russia seeing similar virus spread?

I take anything said or written about COVID-19 with a big grain of salt.

Some people are going to get sick, some portion of the sick will die. The "experts" will study it and may even figure it out given enough time, but it won't be quick enough for the dead.

The interruption of the economy will likely force some under-capitalized businesses to seek bankruptcy protection and that will provide an unforeseen opportunity for businesses will a stronger financial situation to buy their weaker competition at a discounted price. If I'm still around when this is over, I'll look for opportunities to buy discounted properties, that's what real estate investors do.