Originally Posted by AB2506
Any handgun carried for use or stored or carried for defence should be ready to shoot by at most manipulating the safety off.

1911, cocked and locked is how it was designed to be used. None of this drawing from holster and racking the slide crap. If you need it, you need it now!

Haven't used striker fired pistols much, grew up on the 1911. God spoke through John Moses Browning and the PERFECT combat handgun was designed .

Very much a DA revolver guy. Carry loaded.

I have some Ruger SA revolvers. I would carry six in them as they are safe with the hammer over a cartridge unlike the Colt SAA.

I would examine one of those small safes like Hornady makes for night time bedside use. Keep guests and kids safe. There are various wall mounts that keep shotguns and rifles safe. They would be loaded, but chamber empty. As my young daughter said at the range when they were trying various shotguns, "There's something very comforting about the sound of a pump shotgun being racked." She emphasized that by racking the pump. She would have been 12-14 at the time. Only downside is that you could give your position away. On the bright side, because of TV cop shows most people know what the sound means and they might be intimidated/scared just by the sound and leave the house. That's a win IMO.

there are three screw ruger's out there that have not been retro'd for the hammer block, so it's still five not six shots.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO