Originally Posted by SoTexCurdog
Sorry MD, but I never said that the Savages had magic qualities. Just said they shot more uniform and “tend” not to have the 2 close, one flyer thing going on.
And again, this is not always true with them either..... just more often than not.
I also shoot a lot and have said that I often shoot a follow-up group of 3 shots, which would make it 6 shot groups, not just 5 as you suggest. Again, often the same results occur. FYI, many of my rifles have been bedded by 2 of the best. I have upper middle class to moderate optics, i.e. Zeiss Conquest, Leupold Vari-X, Meopta to the lowly Burris and Bushnell and Nikon Monarch.
I know that I don’t have near as many rifles as many of you guys do as I only have somewhere between 40-50 centerfires.
I am NOT trying to promote the Savages nor any other brand or barrel maker but just trying to figure out why these barrels react the way they do.
I am not trying to put down custom barrel makers or high end rifle makers.

Sounds like your loads or your abilities are lacking to me... I'll go even further and suggest shooting 10 shot groups for an even better evaluation. You likely don't really know the full potential of said loads and rifles, if you are not holding your rifles in a ransom rest, if you do not have the skill to properly shoot a tight group.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA