Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Mike,
If it does not work in your featherweight, it more likely means the rifle does not like the bullet itself and that is easily proven by using another bullet and trying the same method again. If you are using a SG like mine in 7x57, I recommend you prove this to yourself with some 145gn LRX or 175gn Partitions as my rifle loves either.

This particular rifle doesn't care at all for anything in the 140-150 range, but will group 175-gr Speer Grand Slams into about 3/4 inch. With 140-150s, it looks more like a shotgun pattern. The 154-gr ILSP is the bullet that's printing 2+1. I know it will consistently shoot 175-gr Grand Slams into groups measuring about 3/4 inch, but I don't really want to shoot anything that heavy in it. I have other 7x57s for that. I'd like to get the 154s to shoot, but this just might be one of those rifles that shoots better with the heavies (i.e., longer, which might mean that the Barnes bullets might be a workable option as well).

My Featherweight is the standard CRF that was introduced for the 2013(?) shot show.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown