Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Spent six years doing technical and consumer research, and statistical analysis of the resultant data. Curious to see if it is possible to extrapolate 3 shot group size to 5 shot group size to 10 shout group size, etc.

The general guide line is 1/2" 3 shot groups = 0.75" 5 shot groups = 1" 10 shot groups.

In other words, what most shooter call 1/2" guns are actually 1" guns.

Im in agreement. You see it a lot here. Maybe not as much as before, but still see it. I actually saw a post today in the africa hunting forum where a guy made the comment about having an honest 1/2" 308, but when he was asked to verify by the guide or ph, the rifle shot 1". Now, im sure it was also a 3 shot group he shot, so that particular "honest 1/2" rifle is probably closer to an honest 1 1/2" rifle. Truth be told....guys like to talk their chidt up all the time. It even happens in the real world. Had a guy tell me he was going to "cut the x-ring out" of the target with his 308 in a centerfire match once. I told him maybe we should lay a hundy down on that. It didnt happen. He barely shot a 99. My measly score of 100-9x would have won the money, had he been dumb enough to lay the money down.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA