Originally Posted by bushrat
Originally Posted by SoTexCurdog

And again, this is not always true with them either..... just more often than not.
I also shoot a lot and have said that I often shoot a follow-up group of 3 shots, which would make it 6 shot groups, not just 5 as you suggest. Again, often the same results occur.

If you super imposed each target over the others do the two shots close to each other without the "flier" always land in the same point of impact repeatedly. In other words if you stacked ten of your 3 shot group targets together would 20 shots land in the same spot with 10 random flyers outside the main group?

SoTexCurdog,

In my opinion I think this is the question to answer. If the two shots that are close together are not at the same point of impact on the target as all the other 3 shot groups, then it would just be bullets landing randomly inside a circle of true accuracy potential.
In other words, if the two close shots don’t repeatedly land in the same point of impact for multiple groups, then you can’t consider the other shots “flyers”.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/29/20.