I have come to like using rather large calibers for much of my hunting. Justification for owning a .375 H&H was a point of discussion on Canadian Gun Nutz forum recently. This is the best response of them all. I just had to share here... thanks Dogleg!

Originally Posted by Dogleg
The best reason for getting a .375 is that it is very likely to Shanghai you and drag you off to Africa. If yours exhibits this type of behavior; resistance is futile.

Another reason is more practical. If you don’t have a .375 what exactly are you supposed to do if someone asks to see your .375? Oh sure, you can pretend you’re choking and run out of the room, but that only works once. After that you’ll just be standing there looking like you got caught trying to run a dog and pony show with no pony. It’s even worse if you’re married. Just imagine how embarrassed your wife would be if the truth came out. People would treat her with pity; perhaps to the point of giving her savages, bushnells , used articles of clothing and. small cash donations while uttering things like “ Oh honey, I had no idea that things were so bad, you should have called”. You can’t just think about yourself all the time!

Last edited by castnblast; 05/06/20.