Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Originally Posted by czech1022
Just because I enjoy adding a bit of confusion, CDNN also has Ruger Hawkeyes in 270, 308 and 30-06 for $499.

Heck of a deal!

Although I'd still just get another 6.5 Creed - but a really nice one. Justification includes the benefit of having the same ammo when on a 2- person hunt so when one leaves their ammo on the kitchen table when packing for the trip, it doesn't become a crisis.

Also, because every gun fits each individual differently, it would be nice to compare the two and see which one fits you best.

I think, randomly though, the 06 at CDNN had a shorter barrel than the rest? Could be misremembering. I have one of the 280s at a smith right now getting cerakoted.

Blackheart - In the last year, I've seen new Model 70s, 700s, and M77s chambered in 280. Are they doing the volume of 270 or 300wm, not a chance. But I think it's here to stay.
Winchester is no longer chambering the .model 70 in .280 and neither is Ruger in the M77. I've seen the .280 come and go in limited runs from about every manufacturer over the years but it has not been popular enough to remain a standard chambering for long. I have no idea whether Remington still offers it or not. I don't keep track of Remington's junk. Regardless it's not popular enough to have a wide selection of factory ammo offered or to bring the price down to that of .270 or .30-06 and it never will be.