Do I need another big game rifle?

Well no. Need have nothing to do with it however. If you had a 30-06 you probably have all the rifle you NEED for about 95% of all the hunting you can do.
If you had a good semi-auto military style 308 you also now have a good fighting rifle so that brings you up to probably 98% of the things you would need.

But slaves are allowed what they need. Free Men buy what they want.

So buy guns for mission specific reasons. I buy and build myself guns because I LIKE them. I don't consider need at all.
I have 2 more on my "bucket list" and I have other guns that will do the job of the last 2 I want, and do it better. But that's not the point to me.
I want a Remington 141 in 35 Remington and I want a Ruger M96 in 44 mag. Both will work fine for my style of hunting but neither will shoot as accurately, as flat or are as powerful and many other guns I already have.

So what?

I am the weird guy the hunts (mostly successfully) 62 caliber with a flintlock . I am good enough with that rifle to hit antelope out to about 150 yards. So my 270 does it a LOT farther out as will my 300 magnum. But I don't enjoy killing them with those 2 rifles as much as I do with the flintlock
I LIKE it. That's all that matters to me. What others like is up to them.
Need is easily satisfied.
After that..............the real fun begins.

Last edited by szihn; 05/23/20.