Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I live on 13 acres, neighbors on 2 sides luckily the other 2 sides have the deer habitat. From my experience you need a cns shot placement with 100 % foolproof backstop or don't shoot. If you can't place your shot within an inch at those 20-60 yd opportunities don't shoot. It takes years to build good neighbors and you can screw that into forever with 1 misplaced shot. MB

You have me beat by 8 acres but your comment is spot on. My place is about a football field wide by two football fields long. It’s crawling with deer and I see really nice bucks regularly. I wouldn’t hunt my land because the deer are pretty tame, but if I did I’d pick the lowest recoiling rifle I had with the scope set to 6x and use a CNS shot. Probably neck, since the head moves so much. I’d set up a 3”x3” target and see if I could hit it every time.

P

Go hunt them and see how "tame" they become. The 10 acres we used to hunt had the same tame deer.

We wod get out of the guys yard and in a tree and they were just as wired as deer that rarely see humans.

Maybe so, but if I wanted to kill a deer I wouldn’t leave the yard. I’d wait for a good buck to come out and eat the bread I throw for the does. A nice 3x3 gave me poison oak a few years ago when he let me pet him while he was eating apples out of my hand. I sort of forgot where he lived and didn’t wash my hands right away.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001