He’s not shooting 6 a year himself dumb ass.

One of the most “decisive “ elk kills I’ve seen was with a 243, guess it was made for killing elk.

Nuff said.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by R_Walter
I see elk all the time on my ranch. I get landowner tags for 6 bulls every year. I'm 3 miles from the Jicarilla and about the same from the SFNF. I've killed many bulls and one is silly to use a cartridge like the 338WM. Elk can be killed efficiently with most 30 caliber rounds.

I can kill an elk with a 22lr too, so who the fu ck cares if you think using a 338 is "silly"?... Is every cartridge silly, if you can use a lesser cartridge to kill something? We might as well all just use a 223 rem, if we all thought that way. The 338 wm was made for killing elk. It does a damn fine job at it too. The main thing I've noticed about the 338wm, is it decisively puts them down. If I were in your position, though, I'd be using every cartridge I could, just to make things interesting. 6 bull tags a year? Damn, must be nice... I have to work my azz off to find them, while you can just sit in your field and pick them off like nothing.. Where I'm hunting (4% success rate area in public land), I don't want them to run off very far, or someone else is likely going to tag my bull. I use a 338wm.. Nuff said..