Maybe, though haven't seen it used nearly as much as the .338 and 9.3x62. Though have seen even smaller .35s, from the .35 Remington to .358 Winchester, used on deer-to-elk sized game quite a bit, and they do appear to have an edge over smaller calibers. But again, that seems to be an overall trend, not an every-time thing, and also depends of course on the bullet used and shot placement.

A couple examples of extremes.

Once shot a whitetail doe shot at about 50 yards with a .35 Remington, using the factory 200-grain Core-Lokt ammo, the deer quartering toward me. I aimed at the shoulder, and at the shot the deer did the little heart-shot leap, then disappeared into the thick woods right next to it. I expected a blood trail, but didn't find one. But I knew the bullet had hit the deer, and probably right where I aimed, even the factory open sights on my Marlin 336. This took place on top of a ridge, so I started transecting the opposite slope, an hour later finding the deer dead close to 100 yards below the ridge--hit right where I'd aiming, the bullet breaking the shoulder and going through the lungs and top of the heart before exiting the rear of the ribs. Did not find any blood trail until I'd already seen the dead deer.

A hunting partner in Africa shot a big Burchell's zebra at around 150 yards with his .375 H&H, using a handloaded 260-grain Nosler AccuBond at around 2800 fps. The zebra stood broadside, and he put the bullet in the shoulder, right behind the big joint. The stallion ran off, falling after 200 yards, with both lungs pretty much destroyed, and the bullet expanded perfectly under the hide on the far side, retaining 85% of its original weight. Have seen a bunch of other "elk-sized" African animals shot with the .375 and a similar load, whether 260 AccuBonds or other good 260-270 grain bullets, and when hit right none has more than half as far before falling. But that one did.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck