Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I had one briefly, like, 50+ years ago. Jammed all the time, produced accuracy on the order of gallon paint cans at 50 feet, traded it for something else and gloated about how I came out ahead on the deal. Never messed with one since. It was probably a lemon, sure, but it soured me on that whole genre of .22's.

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I had one briefly, like, 50+ years ago. Jammed all the time, produced accuracy on the order of gallon paint cans at 50 feet, traded it for something else and gloated about how I came out ahead on the deal. Never messed with one since. It was probably a lemon, sure, but it soured me on that whole genre of .22's.

Since the "receiver" was just a sheet-metal "cover" and the barrel was almost floating in the synthetic chassis/frame, they could never achieve cutting edge accuracy, so it has long been a wonder to me how Tom Frye shot all of those hand tossed wooden blocks with Nylon 66s.

My first rifle was a Nylon 66 and I still have it. It arrived under the Christmas Tree with a Weaver V22 and a carton of 500 rounds of Remington High Speed .22 Long Rifle Golden Bullets over 50 years ago.

My Father thought that they were crap and tried to force a\ used Winchester 77 on me, but I successfully resisted. 20/20 hindsight being what it is, the Winchester 77 had more accuracy potential despite the crappy triggers.