Since the "receiver" was just a sheet-metal "cover" and the barrel was almost floating in the synthetic chassis/frame, they could never achieve cutting edge accuracy, so it has long been a wonder to me how Tom Frye shot all of those hand tossed wooden blocks with Nylon 66s.

I bought a used one in 1965, for $25. Killed a lot of stuff with it, and it was very accurate using iron sights. Never put a scope on it. I carried it all of the time while working on 2 different fish farms, and shot a ton of snakes, turtles, and frogs. Also ducks and seagulls, but not as many of those. Never jammed despite being carried in an open jeep, that I fed out of. Lots of dust and fish feed flying about, left out in the rain, using the barrel to rake frogs into reach an other abuse. I even left it leaning against a tree in my front yard all winter one time as a test. Again never jammed, only thing was an occasional bad cartridge. Those had a good dent in them, but sometime one would not fire. I still have it and shoot a squirrel in the yard every once in a while using it. After Remington quit making them, there was a factory in Jacksonville, Arkansas that made them. Did not last long though. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.