I bought a used Nylon 66 at a pawn shop several years ago. When I took it to the range it jammed like mad, and I was left quite disappointed. Then I took it apart to see what was wrong, and I found numerous internal parts were being held in place with masking tape. The previous owner had taken it completely apart and couldn't figure out how to get it back together again. I managed to properly reassemble it, and it's been fine ever since. I'm just lucky he didn't lose any parts in the process.

Unfortunately I don't think Remington (or anyone else) will ever bring this rifle back. It was a neat little gun for its time, but the market has since moved on. Remington discontinued them because sales had been declining by the 1980s and the molds were wearing out, and future sales forecasts didn't justify the investment in new molds. The molds for the detachable-mag Nylon 77 were younger and in better condition, so that model remained in production for a few more years after the Nylon 66 had been dropped.