We have 2. Both of them I had nothing to do with their acquisition. Both of them sit in the safe. I cannot get rid of either one.

#1 is the classic 66. My first wife, Satan's, father bought it when she was a kid. He died shortly thereafter. It is now the rightful property of son #2, but I have not seen him shoot it much.

#2 is the variant with the removable mag. It came to me from KYHillChick's adopted father who died of cancer in '06. It now belongs to son #3.

Two quick Nylon 66 anecdotes.

1) The last chick I dated was a neurotic Jewish librarian. She decided she wanted to try shooting and wanted to own her own. Our mutual friend, Jerry, found her a Nylon 66. After a few trips to the range, the thing started jamming. She blamed me, she blamed Jerry. Jerry offered to buy it back. I offered to drive her to the gunsmith. No, she just wanted something to whine about. It wasn't long after this that I dropped her. She contacted me a few years ago. Surprisingly, she still had the rifle, and was still shooting it.

2) I used to belong to the big local gun club, Fairfield Sportsmens Association. Fairfield has a plinking range. I was out one Sunday, and a family showed up with a bunch of kids and stack of Nylon 66 rifles. This looked like a regular thing for this family. They pretty well took over the plinking range-- Dads and Grandads, and a slew of rugrats. Someone had this figured out right. I was mightily impressed.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer