I had one when I was 14 and thought it was a great rifle. Back then - the early-mid 60's - it was still pretty revolutionary, an all plastic firearm that was billed as nigh indestructible as well as reliable with those ads showing the stack of 100,000 blocks of wood shot by one.

Mine was entirely adequate for what I needed, a tin can and rabbit shooter, which is what most everybody did with .22 rifles - plink and hunt small game. Folks (meaning like 98% of shooters, not the tiny percentage of nascent benchresters) didn't bench rest everything under the sun and didn't obsess over tenths of an inch differences in groups, particularly for rimfire rifles. A rifle like this was sighted in over the hood of a car or truck and then you shot stuff with it. Even if someone did mount a scope, .22 scopes then were mostly 7/8" tubes and a lot of them didn't even have centered crosshairs.

So, a relatively inexpensive rifle of innovative design that was light, handy, supposedly didn't need any lubrication, and was perfectly adequate for its use. What's not to like?

Now a few decades later, all of us old guys remember the firearms of our youth and if we can't be young again at least we can use something to help remind us of those days

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!