Originally Posted by Sycamore

the only thing that helps is anti-venom. you may not get any venom. you may not get very much venom. you may get the venom in a place that takes a long time to get moving (good and bad). best thing you can do is notify medical help and get closer to help. take off jewelry, swelling is likely.

suction won't help. electricity won't help. tourniquet won't help (might hurt). ice/cold won't help. most bites by copperheads. most fatalities by eastern and western diamondbacks (volume of venom probably). Most rattlesnakes bites in California and Arizona.

Dr Sycamore, This is the internet, so I have no way to verify your bona fides in the medical field. When you say electricity doesn't help, you are flying in the face of medical research in the field of tropical medicine under which snake bite falls. I don't know how to post a link, so please before you share any more of your opinions, at least google > high voltage snakebite. A New York Times 1986/08/05 "Doctors Corner" will come up, with numerous references with studies on the subject by top researchers in the field of tropical medicine. It quotes studies from The Lancet, and the work of Michigan State Univ, Dr Jeffrey Williams, a respected leader in tropical medicine.
The OP asked what to do about snakebite in remote locations, a stun gun may be a more viable solution than locator devices, helicopters, taking off jewelry,or wrapping the bite with gauze.
I don't own stock in a stun gun company.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.