This never ends for me. Maybe I am just slow and don't understand. I keep hearing the 1886 and 71 are the strongest actions and best built etc. Yet the Big Bore .356 I have is easily rated for 50,000 psi. My .348 Mirkoru Win. is being turned into a .348 Ackley Improved. But, my understanding 42,000 CUP is max for it and its twin tapered locking lugs.

So if we just use a cartridges SAMMI rating to determine action strength, neither the 86 or 71 are tops in that field. Since I have no way to measure pressure, I can only rely on a chronograph and case life and extraction to roughly determine "pressure" forget primers unless they fall out, since even the experts don't agree on using them as a measuring stick for a loads pressure.

It is obvious that the "experts" can't agree on the "strongest" action, no wonder I am confused. LOL

I can't remember who it was, maybe Waters that stated the Mod. 71 action is really a 50,000 psi action. If Waters said that I would believe him. Any of you remember him stating that?