Every thing every one is saying makes sense and for the most part I agree with it. But, in this day and age, it is odd that we don't have better information as to action strength of the lever action rifles we like. Just because "Uncle Buck" has been doing it for years does not mean it is safe. One of my all time favorite lever guns is a Marlin 1895 in 45-70. Forever I have been running a heavy dose of H322 and 405 grain Kodiak bullets down it's tube. It is a octagon barreled version with a pistol grip I modified. I could care less if it is as strong as a Win. 1886 as it is plenty strong for my needs.

My Mirkoru Mod. 71 Win. in .348 is new to me and being made into a .348 Ackley Improved because I want to approach .35 Whelen ballistics with a 250 grain bullet. So yes, I do scratch my head as to why a supposed near perfect big bore lever gun is rated for less pressure then a Big Bore .356 Win. What makes it even more frustrating is a definitive answer on why that is. If it was a bolt gun the facts would be laid bare for all to see long ago.

I am like most of you, I use what I trust and push the envelope some times, so far so good. LOL