I don't know how this will fit in here but my father was quite a star pitcher during the late 1930s in the Shenango Valley area ( Sharon/Farrell ) of western PA. He's in the Mercer County Hall of Fame for baseball.
He was 6'3" and in later life was a local scout for the Kansas City A's then the Royals. Back in the middle 1960s and later when he was scouting I remember he had papers that basically said the majors were only looking for players over 6' and 200 pounds. They would love them to be a college graduate too.
I must have gotten some or his skill because I was a pretty good baseball player in high school. But that didn't mean anything because I was only 5'8" back then. I remember when I was first married I played on a local baseball team in Centre County PA. It had a couple of Penn State players on it. One of them was a college All-American at that time. He was really good. I remember he was only as tall as I was. Never heard of him being signed. Seems the only way a guy under six foot could get into the majors was as a pitcher.
I love the sport of baseball but it seems like the movie Rudy. If you're a 5 foot nothing 150 pound nothing forget it.

Last edited by StuckInOhio; 06/15/20.

When you can get the last word with an echo, you may have the last word with your wife. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
If goose was the only meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians. - Lloyd Adams, waterfowl hunter