H5,
My experience has been, you will receive back any earnest money you put down and that is it. I’m 0-2 in fighting in court, hopefully he will arrive Monday. Now your state may be different, but bottom line is how the land is titled for ownership. You can look early Monday at your County Court House at the land records and quickly access your situation mostly likely. I purchased a 40 one time that traded for a milk cow, female goat and a sow pig, very fun to look at if you were under different set of circumstances. You can also place the 10-31 proceeds into other options if you qualify as an accredited investor, I realize that’s not what you want to do but nevertheless you can. Keep all correspondence from your failed closing, very few are working daily in the IRS offices, I would still call then follow up with letter. You will be allotted the time from when you signed contract until the failed closing date to your 2 week times up. But damn you cut it close on 2 years for reinvesting proceeds.
Best of luck, start a plan B if you haven’t already.