Originally Posted by kaywoodie
No. It’s on private property. And even back in the early teens there wasn’t much found there.

Now, where I took that picture. There allegedly is a place on that ranch where the locals used to mine lead. They cut it out of a hole in the side of the mountain with axes. And the covered the hole with a flat rock so ot wouldn’t cat h water. The ranchers dad ( who died in a private plane crash about 1947) had an old man out there once to look for the spot.

The old man was a young boy back in the 1860’s and said they would trespass on the place to get the lead. And it was his job to hold the horses and watch for people and I suppose hostiles too. Anyway there is an opd log cabin on this ranch down at the very south end of the place. Still there and rancher said he had Messkin folks in it back in the 60’s. But it's pretty run down now. Anyway the old man said he could see this cabin as well
As that one I mentioned earlier above. But the trees were all bigger and the country had changed so much he could not recognize anything

Now the cool thing was he still had several rifle balls they made out of that lead and he gave the ranchers dad a couple. They assayed close to 40% silver!

The boys and I always make a half ass adventure out of looking for the old mine, pigs, aoudads, and the elk that have showed up there!!! Another treasure story for you!!!
Dang!

40% silver is great but I can only imagine how many rattlers there are thereabouts.