Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Neal,

I remembered something else. There was a rumor floating around of a small scale gold operation going on up
Around Pontotoc. (Barry, you ever hear about it?). Even James Drury (yeah the Virginian) was suppose to be involved in it.

I hunted on a place up there that had old test holes (possible as old as the Spanish times) dug around on it. But the only other gold I’ve ever heard of in that area was the alleged shipment hid on the south end of Smoothing Iron Mountain. Which is an interesting but to me problimatic story.
Met James Drury a few years back at the Tulsa gunshow. Nice guy.

On an unrelated note, I’ve met quite a few famous folks at the Tulsa Show over the years! Larry Potterfield of Midway Fame. Super Nice Guy!!!
The actor that played Grizzly Adams, Dan Haggerty if I got his name right. Later that evening he was staying in the same hotel there in Tulsa and had a drink with him in the bar.
Also ran into Hank jr aka “Bocefus” Williams. I knew him already though as he was one of my big customers when I was in the Wholesale Firearms Industry.
Also met the guy that does the Blue Book of Gun Values.
Fijestad??? He’s an asswipe.
And lots of famous knife makers.

Didn’t meet him at Tulsa, but at his old hang out as resident Gunsmith in Austin, at McBride’s Gun Store, our very own Kaywoodie aka Bob is the most famous Movie Star I’ve ever met ! 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/02/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~