Me and an old buddy got a sweet gig once when I lived in Alaska. Deal was we’d peddle live Dungeness crabs on the street corner after work in the evenings. Payment was all the crabs we could eat.

We were both eating 2 or 3 for lunch at the shop and another 3-5 for supper every night. Boil up a big batch on Sunday and stash them in the work fridge, house fridge, deep freeze, we had them everywhere and the guys we worked with always complained when we’d microwave a few at lunch.

Anyway this goes on for about 5 or 6 weeks when all the sudden he’s wearing his house slippers to the shop because he can’t get his shoes on his big red swollen feet. His knees were locked up and red, swelled up like cantaloupes. He had no idea except that maybe he’d managed to sprain his entire lower body slipping on the ice or something! Oh well he still had lunches and supper fit for a king.

Finally a Dr buddy of ours, who also suffers from gout got wind of what was up and looked him over. He proclaimed it possibly the worst gout attack in the history of mankind!

He eventually got ironed out with some meds and diet change but we laughed about it until the day he died. He was very susceptible to future flares afterward, a six pack or even one king crab cluster and he’d be back in house shoes for a week.

Sorry, not laughing at you and I hope you’re better soon. I just get reminded of him anytime gout is mentioned.

Last edited by TheKid; 07/13/20.