I’ve had attacks over the years, always in the joint making the ball of my foot. Felt like an ice pick in the joint digging away.

Have had it in both feet, but never at the same time. Was on allopurinol at one time but not due several years. Doctor was adamant to not take it unless the attack was completely gone. Somebody above me said the same thing.

The last time I had it was for like 4 or 5 days. Was given some colchicine, told to not trust a fart, and good luck. By that night I was back in my work boots instead of unlaced tennis shoes. Went through a lot of Charmin to get there though. Colchicine is like $6/pill here. You can buy it in Cozumel for $6/box. I carry it in my backpack with my laptop everywhere I go. It helped me that much.

I tried the tart cherry juice and the baking soda in water, neither did anything for me. Drinking lots of water can’t hurt though.

Best information I got was actually from my eye doctor. He suffers from it. Told him I had it in an exam but didn’t know what caused it. He left and cane back with a printout of 100 foods, all “trigger” foods. Told me on my next attack, to think back 3 days for everything I’d ate and mark it. After a few attacks, hopefully a trend would develop on what good to avoid. His trigger was MSG in Chinese food. As luck would have it, I haven’t had an attack in a few years.