Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
My wife is a vet tech at one of our local vet's. He (the DVM that owns the practice) is an awesome, conservative Trump loving gun toting guy. He held off on the parking lot BS as long as he could, might have been the last one around to succumb, but eventually pressure was brought to bear. I don't know if it was by the state, or if there's some kind of board that determines vet stuff? It sucks for everybody. Way more work for the employees, lots of whiney owners etc. It sucks all the way around, as the owners don't get to be in there with the vet and their precious fur baby. If it were up to him, the curbside crap would never even have happened.

What pisses me off is the way the shidt eating kuhnts with their "fur babies" treat the girls bringing stuff to and from the cars and dealing with the owners. They don't make the law, or the policy. It's stated plainly by the receptionist when the owner makes the appt, and if someone is too stupid to pay attention, it's posted on the front door as well. Unfortunately many people think they are special, and the rules are for other folks. They think they can just walk in, or if they throw enough of a hissy fit they'll get to go in.

I could never do my wife's job. I'd put down half the animals that come in there, and half the owners to boot. People get so fugking retarded when it comes to Snookems, the BESTEST dog EVER that never bit anybody! Or the [bleep] cat people. Ugh.

Rant off

Holy Crap! I take it you don't participate in our sentimental dog threads, then? crazy

I have a bunch of dogs, and I love them. I am a dog lover, but I have zero tolerance for people or their dogs who can't handle them when taking them to the vet. Some owners are responsible and conscientious if they have an aggressive or ill behaved dog. They know, and put the muzzle on themselves and keep the vet employees as safe as they can. Many are not. Many are absolutely clueless as to the the danger a big dog poses.

Bottom line in reference to this thread, I can't speak to any other place than where my wife works. But I can tell you 100% they'd rather it go back to normal. The vets like to interact with the owners, it's less stress and work on the techs and receptionists, and just better all the way around. But rules is rules.....

Just got off the phone with a vet I know. He says less business, more work, because they have to disinfect if you do go in, or spend more time on the phone if you don’t. They’d rather listen to you yammer about Fluffy’s latest antics in person while they’re working on your dog, than work on the dog and then spend more time listening to your yammering.

They’re losing either way and would much rather it go back to normal.