Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Since the damage seems to be slight and only cosmetic I would let them total it, buy it back, put liability only on it and keep on trucking.

Ruff, that's the logical route... I'm not scrapping a perfectly good car, that is reliable, has low mileage, gets great gas mileage, has plenty of zip to it.. to me its just the principal of I'm not getting what I am paying the Insurance company for..

Will try out the dry ice thing Heym suggested along with Bristoe's "Paintles Dent Repair" guys...

you really don't even notice the dents on it until your standing right next to the car, and then you have to really look for it, due to the color seems to hide then

I've just experienced that Bum's Rush to the door by insurance companies before, on claims... and I know they are not singling me out.. as they do it to everyone...even have had friends who were adjusters in their career and they admitted around the water cooler or the coffee room they have conversations around, how much they were able to jip a customer down in claim pay outs..

They get $6K of my money a year.. for autos, * (we have 5 insured), home owners, and my wife's jewelry etc..and we don't end up making a lot of claims with them.. that's $48K, I've paid them over 8 years as a customer.. and now they are trying to short Sheet me on fixing dents on the hood, roof and truck lid .. on a 12 year old car...

there is no customer service here at all...heck, I could get that level of service for less money out of Tijuana...

there are other body shop alternatives, that can do the same job, for less than the estimate they are basing this off of.., they know it, but they won't tell the customer....

they are out to aggressively protect their interests, then I'll be out to protect mine, instead of just going away mad and accept their offer.. plus there is no time limit that I have to accept their offer by...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez