Originally Posted by Seafire
I paid for a full cover policy with zero deductibles.. from a company who claims to be so great and for veterans and its just another insurance company like every one else,,pay out as little as possible.

USAA used to be really good until about 25 years ago. Originally they started with their only clientele being military officers, a pretty low risk group. Eventually they opened it up to all military and started expanding into things other than insurance. They got greedy and moved out of their core chartered business. Now they've expanded to where they're pretty much open to anyone that can spell military and they've gone downhill. They're just another insurance company now that tries to sell you on a bunch of sketchy financial products to pad their bottom line and shaft you on claims as you've seen.

I have them for my auto insurance but haven't had to fight them on a claim yet. I got rid of Farm Bureau about five years ago after they shafted me on a claim, and ten years before that I fired State Farm after they cheated my wife (then girlfriend) on a claim.

It seems to be the business plan of all insurance companies nowadays to try and screw their clientele. I guess they figure you don't have anywhere else to go since they all do it. The whole industry has gotten greedy and rich off of dealing in bad faith. State insurance regulators today seem to be in their pocket and don't look out for the public as they're tasked to do. I don't trust any of them.