Originally Posted by bucktail
Wouldn't you come out ahead letting them total it cashing their check and buying it back over having them pay to fix it?

IN the long run, yeah... .but I've had to cross this bridge years ago, several different times...

Learned by people who were friends and in the business.. NEVER take the first offer they give you...

There in MN, back in 1980, my wife totalled a VW Camper, that was 3 years old...Thye insurance company offered her $3500 for it..We turned it down... opened a claim with the state insurance commission, then checked all 5 VW dealerships in the metro Twin Cities, they were selling them for $7500 to $8,000.. showed the adjuster the quotes from all 5 VW dealers...and the open claim with the State Insurance Commission.. He wrote me a Check for $7750.00 and couldn't get out of our house fast enough..

I've got other sources to consult here.. several other body shops etc, and talk to the insurance commission.. its 100% driveable, so I'm not in any rush.. which they will be tho to close the file....find out what they are gong to offer, consult a body shop to get it done for that amount, work out something where it isn't given a Salvage title.. its just a dented hood, roof and trunk lid...

its a popular color, so I am sure I can get a hood and trunk lid out of the bone yard the same color, and then just have the roof repaired.. if they won't work with you, force them to....that or they submit me a better offer...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez