And once again today about 8,000 Americans died of non Covid related deaths like every day

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Windfall
Some of you are so woefully uninformed it boggles the mind. Who says that it has to be an all or nothing shut down, but it is all you independent thinkers out there going your own way ignoring any semblance of science that WILL cause a complete shut down because you can't be bothered to wear a damn spit shield. North Dakota is the least mask wearing state in the country and surprise, it is leading the nation in cases per 1,000 residents. Skeen, you being a Kansas resident of all people should have seen this in your own state. Your Democratic governor made a state wide mask mandate in early July, but your Republican legislature came out a week later and said that people didn't need to follow it. Then 22 Kansas counties passed their own county wide mask mandate. Fast forward to the end of July and after and the mask mandated counties have had HALF the reported Covid-19 cases per capita.

I'm not hiding in my basement, but I'm smart enough to be picking up my groceries delivered to my car or going through a drive through instead of going inside interacting with other people. Like a lot of you, just being retirement age puts our generation at risk to say nothing of many of us having some pre-existing condition. Drinking here seems to be a real necessity and draping ones self over a bar stool somehow has given the tavern league the power to override good sense legislation. Herd mentality you say? That didn't work for Sweden very well did it? That makes about as much sense as Spain hosing down their streets with holy water early on.

We have 16% of our remaining hospital bed space available largely because so many of the Covid cases are hospitalized for so long. Granted, some people don't get Covid-19 as badly as others, but why risk getting it at all? 10% of the people that do get a bad case of it are now known as long haulers which means that they have life long respiratory, circulatory or cognitive issues. If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?

The surge in the middle of the country doesn’t have anything to do with mask wearing. We mostly escaped the first wave, now schools in session and we are getting our first wave. This bug is going to run through our population sooner or later until we immunity or a vaccine. It’s math not masks. I wore a mask, it didn’t work.