I had a great transaction with a fellow member recently and we ended up chatting about lightweight rifles. so I figured we should put a thread up for fellow weight weenies to show off their featherweights.

All of these are under 6#ready to hunt. but I guess we can accept anything under 7# ready to hunt.

Start with my lightest, a 300BLK handi Rifle. I have a spare shell holder screwed into the side and a stock comb riser, but with a red dot this thing is stil my lightest hunting gun:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

going up from there is a kimber montana .223 cut down to about 17.25" and threaded 1/2"x28 and it has an adapter to bring the threads up to 5/8"x 24 for my can. 9If I ever get a lighters .223 can this thing will be ready for it). This one wears a 2-7x33 Leupold VX-1 scope in talley lightweight mounts, with a titanium handle. giraffe paintjob probably adds a few ounces, but my kids dig it =]

Now to the heavy hitters!!!!

This one is a kimber montana in 338 Federal cut down to 16.5", I had to do some stock patching, and then painted it following a members tutorial on here. tactical titanium bolt knob off of here, talley lightweights and a Zeiss Duralyt 1.5-5x36 scope. This rifle has taken everything from a 9 point buck and 3+ hogs offhand inside 30 yards, to a fox squirrel at 125. shoots 200 gr. Federal trophy bonded factory loads into cloverleafs from the bench.

I love the HPG stock packs, gotta represent Texas when I can:

Last one:

this one is a Kimber Adirondack in 308, it was the older model with sitka forest discontinued camo pattern that was flaking off so I had a local guy ceracoat it to Kryptek Typhon. It wears a kimber thread adapter from the factory 9/16x28 (or whatever kimber uses) to the standard 5/8x24. Scope is a Vortex HD LH 2-10x40. I have also had the 1.8-8x32. both are great set and forget scopes with a few ballistic dots in what is otherwise a pretty heavy reticle if you are so inclined. It barely makes weight =] but shoots Barnes 130gr. TTSX amazingly well.

yeah... Yukon Cornelius approves, probably an ounce or two here:

Last edited by Mjduct; 11/24/20.