Originally Posted by Ranger4444
First is a Remington 700 Titanium in .260 Remington, 22" barrel, Burris Extreme 2-piece bases. 5-lbs, 9.5-oz with Fastfire, 6-lbs, 6.6oz with 1.5-5x20 in Warne low QD rings, 6-lbs, 8.1-oz with 2.5-8x36 in Warne low fixed rings (not shown).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Second is the potential successor, a Kimber Adirondack in 6.5mm Creedmoor, 18" barrel (currently with threaded muzzle protector), Warne Maxima 2-piece bases. 4-lbs, 15.3-oz as pictured.

[Linked Image]

Just got this recently from another Campfire member, so far shows promise but I haven't fired for groups yet. That particular FastFire is a first gen model, just happened to be the easiest I could swap onto the Kimber quickly; likely that'll be replaced with a FastFire 3. I'll also put the 2.5-8x36 (probably, or maybe the 1.5-5x20) in Warne QD rings and get that sighted-in that as well.

My thought in 2004 when I got the Remington was about a "lightweight scout" rifle. It's fine for that, but in the meantime the Kimber Adirondack came along, even lighter (an "airweight scout"?) and 4" shorter so seems like it might be handier.

I don't do much long-distance shooting, so I see the .260 Rem and the 6.5 Cr as pretty much interchangeable...

-Chris

I’m pretty sure I tried to buy/trade for that Creedmoor!!!

Looks like it is in good hands.

Guns like this do well with reflex sights/ small red dots/ 1x power optics. I think that type of optic fully utilized the portability and quick pointing of the guns.