Last for now I'll throw in here as ultralight by magnum standards. Again could be easily 1/2 pound lighter with different scope. Its one of the old Remington Custom Shop Alaska Wilderness Rifles in 338WM that I had the teflon stripped of the stainless barreled action and gent up in Wasilla cerekoted and hydrodipped the McMillan stock. Karl here on the hide fluted and skeletonized the bolt. This gun has been amazing and killed all sorts of critters up here as my main packing rifle till I started chasing sheep a few years ago. Even after a few other customs built for moose, my father in law would still carry it--basically every hunt we do, if I'm not packing it, he wants to. Sucks up the recoil for being light and just dead-nutz accurate. It put the complete smack on a big AK Pen brownie this May. He was sleeping on a moose kill, lifted his head to look off a different direction, slipped one in the perfect spot letting his head fall--never even moved a paw. Threw another into frontal into his brisket for good measure, but he was out. I know the 6.5's are taking the hunting world by storm, as the 7's did before. Hard to argue against the superior BC bullets, and the damage the 6.5's will inflect--but still a lot of love for big heavies in my heart.

Attached Images
338AWRc smaller.jpg (31.77 KB, 963 downloads)
338AWRa smaller.jpg (39.33 KB, 980 downloads)
338AWRb smaller.jpg (27.41 KB, 953 downloads)

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.