Great Thread!!! But going back to the sixties era days of my youth... No huge emphasis on rifle weight. More of proportionality. For me, the heavier rifle, the more comfortable to fire. I'd spec'd out my gun bearer! About 5'8"+ @ 150 or so lbs; "bikini qualified"! Fantasies of "exploring the bush!" smile

Back to reality! The great 'centerfold rifles 'kilos & candy... trim & eye variety, respectively! Yet here, the honorable opposition! My humble other-end of $/fancy spectrum... "Utility", uber älles! My most "featherweight-likely" contender. Thirties vintage milsurp conversion, almost surely Euro-cottage industry era. Yet all military origin components but for sights & barrel band! Plain Jane as max for minimal investment. Notably era accomplished as Reichsmarks were runaway & workers in the streets with signs "Brot Und Arbeit"; "Bread and Work"! Such rifles providing work for more fortunate folk! My own $60 eighties era investment; utility and artifact! 8x57S & competent shooter. Estimated weight about 6.4Lbs/2.9K/.5Stone! smile Certainly making all the 'honorable competition - including that great SMLE conversion - really shine!!! smile smile smile My own considerable enjoyment here, for what it is... and was!

Best & stay safe!
John

Attached Images
R195-2.jpg (22.64 KB, 993 downloads)
R195-4U.jpg (19.26 KB, 985 downloads)
R195-11U.jpg (18.49 KB, 977 downloads)
R74-17.jpg (11.92 KB, 973 downloads)
R195-6.jpg (17.67 KB, 969 downloads)
Last edited by iskra; 11/28/20.