Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Def lots of nice rifles listed here!!! Fun to see.

Here are a few of mine.

This one barely qualifies as its 6 pounds 14 oz with the 20 oz SWFA 3-9 on it. A browning Abolt Ti in 325 WSM cut to 18" barrel:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The next one started life as a 24" 270 Win Kimber Montana 84L that I had cut down to 21" and rebored to 338-06. This spring I had it cut down to 16" and muzzle threaded for a suppressor.

Rifle with a pic rail on it is is 4.75 pounds:

Put some rings and a 20 oz SWFA and its 6.25 pounds:

Then put a 1 pound suppressor on it and we get above the weight class for this thread smile

However its a joy to carry and even with the shorty 16" barrel it still shoots 230 ELDx bullets at well over 2600 fps so still bringing some heat to the table despite being cut back.

Finally we got the Kimber 84M that has gotta more work done to it over the years than Michael Jackson's nose smile

Originally was a 308 win for many years. Then had it bored out to 358 win and put into an MPI microlight stock, added some TI action screws and bolt handle as well as lots of fluting in places.

That final weight came in at just over 3.5 pounds naked rifle.
Scoped with a 2-7X28 Leupold Ultralight it was still under 4.4 pounds or more than 1/2 pound lighter than a Kimber Mountain ascent with no scope or rings:

Then two years ago I decided I want to be able to shoot most of my rifles in my backyard which means they ideally need to be suppressed for working up loads. As such I had the rifle rebarreled with a 16" Lilja slightly heavier contour than the standard 84M profile.

Even so the rifle still weighs in at 4 pounds 2 oz naked:

With the SWFA UL scope on it the whole package goes 4 pounds 13 oz:

And with a 12 oz suppressor its still just over 5.5 pounds suppressed:

The little rifle is proving to be the most accurate Kimber I have owned shooting 135 Hornady A Tips at 2800 fps from the shorty barrel.

What powder are you using in your 16” 338-06 to get those velocities?

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".