Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by Quak
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I live in Michigan's lower peninsula, less than 10 miles from the bridge that separates the lower peninsula from the upper, and while I really enjoy the UP, the deer hunting has taken a giant shhitt in recent years. Too many woofs, from what I hear.

Not sure what the deer hunting in Eastern KY is like, but the UP wouldn't be very high on my list if successful hunting is a priority.

Me and this guy are apparently neighbors as i live 5 miles from the bridge. Most of my family is from the N western UP and oddly enough I have family in eastern Ky as well. Bloody Breathett to be exact and here is my 2c.

The hunting is better in KY BUT...the terrain is tough and there are poisonous serpents to contend with in warm years. You also are dealing with a culture of people who don't like to [bleep] with and don't like outsiders so be aware where you wander if you catch my drift.

The UP is absolutely beautiful...imho Northern Michigan as a whole is the most beautiful area in the lower 48. The hunting pressure is very very low and you have access to trophy black bear as well every couple years (i draw 1st hunt generally every 3 years in unit 009). On to the deer hunting. We generally get some decent bucks at camp every year BUT...the UP is NOT trophy deer country. There are a ton of wolves and they have taken their toll but to be perfectly honest it wasn't great before the wolves showed up. There is just not much food for the deer and you get over 200 inches of snow to boot so a big snow year lowers numbers big time. Make no mistake though...there are decent bucks.

If I were to sum it up...if you want the true camp wilderness experience with serious life threatening weather and a true awesome experience go to the UP. If you want bigger deer and warm weather go to the bluegrass state.

One more important factor. Women here in N. Michigan are some of the ugliest in the nation. KY is the best of the best in this regard IMHO.

If you like to bed fat women...N Michigan is for you. They are always in heat it seems

Thanks for all of the info. I am not hunting women so that part won’t matter. I figured women in KY would be equally rough. Maybe I am way off though.

You are.

I don't know anyone that says 'Hey, the further north you go the prettier the women are'