I've hunted the UP for 52 years started in the west near Amasa filled my tags there every year even the years you could shoot 2 with a bow and 2 with a gun even anterless tags when they had them....it was a true wilderness area need a 4x4 had to drive threw 2 rivers and winch up a hill to get out of the 2nd one....it was rare to hear a gun shot....usually by the seasons second week snow is getting deep and deer are moving south to the yards seeing 10-30 deer a day migrating very few bucks are more than a 6 points the big boys move at the very end when the snow is getting deep....a couple years it took 5-6 hours to go the 18 miles to a main road.....
Past 14 years I have a house (camp) near Strongs (bears capital of Michigan) wife and I usually fill are tags with basket rack 7-8 points weighing 150-180 lbs dressed....hunting depends on snow because the property is a winter deer yard go 5 miles north once we get 12"+ of snow you will not see a deer track....
This has been the most unusual season no snow....we get a couple inches and melts the next day....muzzleloader starts Friday for 10 days always need a snowmobile to get around not this years so far....
I have sat at the north boundary on the river and seen up to 100 deer crossing and heading south migrating....