Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by KFWA
was looking at some land in Pendleton County this weekend. Turned down a road that went along the licking river. Counted 11 deer in a 3 mile stretch

Hayes or KY22? When SIL had alfalfa on our farm, had a couple instances where it looked like a conga line of deer working their way up the field toward our house. One evening, had 20 that I could count.

If you make back down this way, ping me. We'll grab a coffee and tailgate somewhere...

The road was called Milford Road. right off 22. I noticed there was a place called B&B Deer Processing just down a bit from it. Not sure I'll make it down again anytime soon, but I am going to focus more on the area north west of Falmouth between there and Alexandria. Maybe I'll be a neighbor in the near future.

If you were on Milford Road, you were headed in the general direction of Shaman's place and in prime deer territory. You probably passed within a couple miles of the deer camp I referred to earlier. I'm on the South West side of the county, near Morgan.

If you are looking at proximity to SW Ohio, like possibly commuting, northern Pendleton County would definitely be better. Demossville, Grassy Creek, Piner have access up 17 to Walton to get on I-75N. Gardnersville and Knoxville have easy access to Dry Ridge. Southern Kenton County: Morning View, Kenton Station, Visalia have easy access up 177 to 27 or 275. KY 177 in Southern Kenton County follows the river, so, should have some decent hunting as well. Good luck with your search !