Originally Posted by Theeck
Thanks guys. I hunted 8 days (3 in the Adirondacks and 5 in Vermont this year). I saw 1 deer while hunting but saw it on 2 days. It was the Vermont buck that I shot after blowing a chance a couple days before. I am hunting areas with some of the lowest deer densities in the country so the supposedly low numbers in MI and KY are still probably much higher than I encounter now. I guess it is all relative. I also hunt Pennsylvania and most years see good numbers of deer. It has been slow so far this year.

I may have the opportunity to get some property and I would like to up my odds a bit and get the experience of another state. The two that I have narrowed it down to are these. Thanks for the info and please, keep it coming.

If you're used to not seeing deer in the Adirondacks and in Vermont, you'll be right at home in the U.P. smile
That's not the case in some of the farmland or big timber fringes but I gave up on the big woods of the U.P. years ago. I did manage a good buck one year but it was due to positioning myself betwixed a swamp and some dude's bait pile that a show dog couldn't jump over. I have no idea what the baiting restrictions are today but if they've banned it, that would certainly make for better natural deer movement.

It's beautiful for certain but if you're looking for good deer, the juice is nowhere worth the squeeze.

BTW, ask shaman to show you his 165" buck from KY. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D