My fascination with the 257 WBY really starts with my grandfather -- it was his rifle of choice for the last 30 or so years he hunted. He was a great man who left a legacy of hunting and life for his family. It really starts and ends there. I will not be inheriting his rifle (a german Mark V) so I think I will get my own and wanted a packable rifle around the mountains.

I guess I am probably a "window licker" to Big Stick but I enjoy what I do. I am a life long hunter, love the out of doors, and like to read and think about rifles and hunting. I am not a reloader .. yet ... but hope to start. I will be using my 257 mostly for Mule Deer or Antelope out west so to me 100 grain Hornady loads will do just fine for the distances I shoot and the game I will hunt. And before they were discontinued I bought a lot of the 100-grain Hornadys and maybe that will get me off my but to start learning to reload.

I actually find what Big Stick says interesting if you can get past the insults and I thought about his suggestions but really doesn't fit what I am looking for and the purpose of this rifle.