Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by TWR
The population in Goodenoughville is growing at an alarming rate.

How's the view up there from your high horse? Not everyone needs or even wants a $2000 AR. For me its a piss poor waste of money and I'd much rather spend that money on a nice double shotgun or bolt rifle. Surely one can piece together or buy a reliable AR for under $1k even in these times.

Who said anything about a $2000 AR. A $900-1200 one should do just fine. Do you own any RARs, Axis or XPR rifles?

Exactly my point. Plenty around here that think that you need to spend $1500 or more in todays market to get a reliable AR. For many of us and myself included, middle of the road is fine for the intended use. My purpose in the initial post was to find out if BCA (or others similarly priced) was a decent cheap option for a flat top carbine length AR. I have in fact owned several RARs, Axis, TC, 700 ADLs, etc and never an issue with any of them for their intended purpose.

I have another built with Aero made upper and lower and a Blackhole Weaponry barrel that does all I need to do. This purchase would be to fit on a spare complete lower that I have, registered as other so it could be made into a pistol if I wanted to do so. Havent given that route much thought though since if the braces are banned in the future I have no desire to have an AR with just a pistol tube. I suppose it could be converted back to a rifle though but I'm not real clear on the legalities of that rodeo. If this was a gun I intended to take into battle, cost would be very low on priority, but its not and therefore cost is a concern. If I could source good components easily for around 5 bills I would just have my buddy help build my upper. Parts availability is a concern right now though.