Just remember, it's not just about the specs, it the QA & the adherence to those specs for each & every lot.

I doubt very seriously that many companies can demonstrate data, either statistical or even just raw data, that says that all the products meet all their own spec all the time.

9310 bolts is a great example...............9310 is not mil-spec for a bolt, only Carpenter 158 is.

But, 9310, when done correctly, can be better or at least as good; problem is, not all 9310 is done correctly & it is a very commercialized product done by every Tom, Dick & Harry with a heat treat furnace & it simply does not have the rigidity of control across the industry that comes with C-158 to mil-spec standards.

When 9310 is good, it's good, when it's not, it's not.................note pics posted in the past here of broken bolts that are almost surely the result of incorrect heat treat. Pre-mature fracturing of bolt lugs is another sign,

This doesn't mean that I don't have 9310 bolts...........I have plenty; but they all come from very high caliber suppliers that I feel have very well established supply & QA.

Having said all that, I don't know anything about AO Precision who's making one of the BCG's linked above.

JMHO, YMMV

MM