Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by MAC
Since when are you not allowed to hike off a trail? This has to be in someplace like CA.

Are you purposely trying to be dense?

Plenty of national and state/provincial parks have areas where you are not allowed off the trail for a variety of reasons.

Watch the video, sand, the man walked on sand, sand as far as the eye can see, yet I can't concern that mysterious trail that was so violently violated !

Watched the video. It could be used as a training video on how to deal with uncooperative public. The only unclear part, mainly because I'm not aware of the rules of force at that location, is should have the taser been deployed right away.

The dog walker turned a nothing into a something. All he had to do is identify himself and the ranger would have run the info. Could have ended with a simple verbal or written warning. Maybe a citation. Instead he turned into a for sure citation and possibly an obstruction and/or resisting arrest felony.

Talk about stupid. I dont care what race he is.

I've been a Provincial Park Ranger, Fish and Wildlife Officer and a Bylaw (Code) Officer for more than half of my 56 years on earth. I would never have approached these people unless I had to. The ranger was very professional. I never had a taser, so I can't say if he used it correctly. But the dog walker would have been arrested unless he identified himself.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates.