Knowing that Dollar Tree and FD are under the same corporate umbrella, here's a real poser for ya: We've had a Dollar Tree in a small strip mall here for years. Not my favorite, limited scope of merchandise, not even close to DG. Well, a few weeks ago they've opened a Family Dollar, almost right next to it in the same strip mall.

Last Mom'n Pop we had around here, closed several years ago, also sold gas. Ol' boy that owned it was a genuine character, always enjoyed stopping in there over the past 40 years. Sold coal, straw and had a helluva mess of hardware in the back.

NC native, worked that accent all to hell and had a good location on a major two lane between two I-81 exits, until a Turkey Hill opened on either side of him. One three miles to the east, the another one four miles to the west, on same road. Both of them were close to the I-81 exits and killed his gas business. He croaked, neither one of his lazy assed kids were interested in keeping it open.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.