Originally Posted by Gibby
Way back when a buddy brought over his brand new .44 Redhawk one day to shoot. I got out my 629 to shoot that day. We both were shooting each others gun. The first thing I noticed shooting the Redhawk besides the trigger was the lag time in the hammer fall. It seem to me it took a long time. I did not like it. At that time the only Rugers I had were the Blackhawks and Single Six's.

His Redhawk is a better gun to test loads with instead of the 629.

I like my GP100. Comes in handy sometimes. Only if my hand can find it and grab it off the floorboard of the truck in time. Ha!

OP-- Get a GP100 4" and be done with it.

I've always liked Rugers, my first being a 4 digit .44 carbine. I've had a lot of their long guns as well as revolvers and a couple auto pistols. The first Ruger revolver I got was a 7 1/2" Redhawk .44 mag which I've had for 29 years. Most of my revolvers are S&W. The only Ruger revolver I've ever had that had a decent single action trigger break was the 2" SP 101 that my brother has had for the last 20 years or so and I'll never get it back from him. To me, the Ruger triggers can best be described as "mushy", and yes, the lock time seems noticeably slow (although not as slow as the Blackhawks I have.)

Mathew 22: 37-39