Revolvers are not tough. They're actually quite fragile. Just try snapping the cylinder closed and see how many experienced revolver shooters wince and cringe. Smash down on the ejector rod with the palm of your strong hand a few times and then strip the gun and roll the rod on a plate of float glass and see if it's still straight. Always slap the cylinder closed with a flick of your fingers to spin it until the shallow end of the stop notches catch on the cylinder stop. See how long the shallow side of the notches last. I won't mention particularly weak designs like the Colt mainsprings or undercut forcing cones on some S&W. I'll also skip the aluminum and scandium/aluminum alloy guns that aren't even intended to hold up. I will stick to the weaknesses that nearly every revolver has, like those I already mentioned, and the way the hand will either wear away on the ratchet or raise burs on it. Revolvers can seem pretty tough if you don't use them. If you abuse them, you'll wonder why anyone ever wanted one. If you use them properly, you'll know they take care and a significant effort to maintain.