BFR in 357 probably. But it might only be the answer to the less specific initial question.

For EDC DA S&W, Ruger, Dan Wesson, and new Colts are comparable. S&W have good triggers (except J frames) and the most options. The Colt is overpriced. Ruger tends to offer fewer options and they don't offer a custom shop like the S&W Performance Center but if they sell what you want or you're willing to have a 3rd party gunsmith make it what you want then they work fine. Dan Wesson are out of production and while they offer numerous barrel lengths, there's only one frame size that's widely available. The Kimber is also worth considering if it's single frame size is right for you.

If you're serious about training and not just practice, get a revolver that accepts moon clips, a set of 25 to 50 moon clips, and a BMT mooner/de-mooner tool. Use .38 Special ammo or if you handload, mild 357's (like 1251200 or 1581050). With that setup and a good holster you will be able to train in the same classes with all the Glock shooters. There are revolver-specific classes also which I recommend seeking out but you don't really want to be limited to them.

While J-frame, LCR or the Kimber are attractive to many people for EDC, the smaller and lighter it is, the more it sucks for actually fighting which is the reason for carrying it. If you really want a fighting handgun, try an L frame, GP100 or N frame. I suppose a Python, DW or Korth would work too but I don't want to pay that much and still have to cut it for moon-clips. Moon clips aren't that critical for fighting, but they are for training which itself is critical to fighting. A K-frame might be the ideal balance between carry and shooting but they're not offered cut for clips. They can be cut by the PC or by TK or another gunsmith. Don't waste your money on "trigger-job" unless you have an infinite supply of Federal primers. The stock S&W trigger is fine and it will detonate any kind of pistol primer. If you learn the DA trigger pull, you won't need it to be 8 pounds.