What many have said about selective editing of these long range hunting videos is certainly correct. The ones that I was watching were impressive indeed at the effect of the bullet having on those critters at those long ranges. I admire those that have the skill set that they took time developing to produce such results.

Clint Eastwood said it right in one of his movies "A man has got to know his limitations". I agree with Clint or rather Dirty Harry but some of us are more limited than others.

Some will have the time, money, and access to build long range rifles and become very proficient with them due to lots of lots of lots of practice. Then to them what is a slam dunk shot at 775 yards is way beyond the comprehensive of someone who has always rifle hunted for whitetails out of a tree stand or blind where the long shots are across beanfields at 250-300 yards and a box of 20 shells lasts them for 5 years.. Both are right in their own opinion. The long range shooter has been out shooting canyons to canyon or in competition or just out in the hills practicing his craft. It's always great to watch someone who is good at what they do.....rather than to criticize them because the do things differently than you do them in your different setting.

I was a bowhunter for many years and took over 40 animals with a compound without sights shooting fingers at ranges from 5 yards to too far to be believed. That was when only one deer or elk per year is permitted. I would shoot in archery competitions and practiced about two nights a week in my backyard range. I would shoot and cleanly take animals with my bow at distances that some would say were "unethical" in their opinion; whereas my response to them was simple.....they were more limited.

Long range shooting is a newer and developing way to take game animals at greater distances than ever before due to technology in all the associated equipment and the skill set that can be developed with the required practice to become effective. Many will say "that ain't hunting" when an observer could reply that guy is simply more limited. I find it interesting and challenging and great fun to move forward acquiring tools and the skill set to become proficient at the art.